We’re starting up another great session of #Lingchat. There are new linguists and people interested in language joining Twitter all the time. So this week, let’s get to know each other and what we’re studying and interested in. Here are some questions to get us started:
- What is your current project/field of research?
- What’s something interesting or important you’ve learned in your field that you want everyone to know about?
- What’s a misconception about your field that you want to correct?
If you’re new to Twitter chats, welcome! We are doing a slow chat, which means anyone can post throughout the week that we are discussing the topic. To participate, just do the following:
- Reply to one of the questions using Q1, Q2, or Q3 to start your tweet.
- End your tweet with the #lingchat hashtag so that the conversation continues.
And that’s it!
The chat will begin 4 September and end roughly on 10 September. Looking forward to getting to know everyone!
If you want to know what topics are coming next, check the calendar.